Basketball Camp in ALICANTE FAQS
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Basketball Summer Camp in Alicante.If you cannot find the answer to your question in the following pages, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Questions about Alicante and How to get the camp
Alicante has excellent connections with other cities in Spain and Europe. The majority of the students arrive by plane. Alicante airport (El Altet) is located 11 km from Alicante and it is about 30 min from the airport to the city centre.
Transfer service from Alicante airport, bus/coach or train station is NOT included in the package price.
If you want to contract this service, fill in the corresponding section in the enrolment form, specifying clearly the Airline, the flight number, the date and time of your arrival.
The cost for this service varies depending on the time and place of arrival or departure as well as the age of the participant and if he/she is flying as an unaccompanied minor (UM).
A representative of the Spanish school will pick students up at the airport and bring them directly to the Residence.
As Alicante airport and the train and bus/coach stations are small, campers will quickly see a person with a name sign wai t ing at the terminal exit (only one in Alicante airport).Check please de following pages:
Arrival and Departure place and time for Residential an Day Campers
Arrival and departure information for participants coming on their own or with relatives
Information for players with transfer service
You can download the information about Arrival and Departure from
The city of Alicante and its closest surroundings offers a great selection of accommodations, so that your stay is as pleasant as possible. Choose your hotel, budget hotel, apartment or guest house in Alicante. You could consult a list in the website Alicante Turismo
Players and camp counsellors are lodged at Hotel Kris Maya Alicante. We would appreciate if you are not lodged in the same Hotel.
If you want to come with your children and are interested in languages, you can have a Spanish course in the morning and enjoy your holidays in Alicante. We can also suggest various hotels and activities. Please feel free to ask for further information about Spanish programmes for families.
If a basketball player comes with a brother, sister or friends and they prefer to take part in another sports camp, they can. You can review the other Sports Camps in Alicante on our website or ask for the brochure on the Tennis, Sailing, Windsurfing or Golf camps. You can check other Sport Camps in Alicante
How to register
- Fill please the online enrolment form. If there is more than one participant, please complete one form for each.
- Please check that you have completed all the items with * -Otherwise, it is impossible to submit the form.
- After submitting the form, the website becomes blank and a message will appear at the top of the screen beginning with: "We have already received your registration..." indicating that the information has been saved in our database.
- Within two working days you will receive an email with the camp price including all the services requested and instructions on how to make the payment. You can either pay a deposit or the payment in full.
- The registration is not valid until we receive the payment in full. Participants will be placed on a first-come, first-served basis after receiving registration forms and payments. For participants who have already paid the deposit, final payments are due by April 1st.
- After April 1st, payment must be done in full.
- For the bank transfer, please include the registration code and participant's name, and please send a copy of receipt by fax or email.
- Once the enrolment form and a copy of the receipt have been received, we will send a confirmation email with the documents to be completed and returned before camp: Health Statement & Medical Waiver and Parental Permission Form. The Camp Rules and a link to complete a special form for campers regarding arrival and departure times will also be provided.
- 1 week before the camp begins, a camp handbook and the insurance policy will be provided.
- If you have any questions or concerns, and/or if you need to apply for a visa please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
- If you have problems with the online reservation, a registration form in PDF format can be provided.
First, you can read the Basketball Camp Enrolment Process.We hope it will help you.
If you have any kind of problem filling the form, please contact us. You have to fill in all the information.
Player has to bring to the camp and give (inside an enveloppe with Name and Surname on the cover) at the checking point the following documents:
Terms of enrolment
- Once enrolled, there are no refunds. We recommend purchasing a cancellation policy.
- If for any reason you have to cancel before the final payment date, we will issue a camp voucher for all camp fees paid except the registration fee. This voucher is valid for the camp in the following year, and it is only transferable to an immediate family member. Refunds will only be given with the purchase of a Cancellation Policy.
- If a participant decides to travel during the period of the reservation and he/she does not attend some lessons or training sessions, no refund will be given.
- After the camp has started, no refund will be given in case of the camper withdrawing for family, personal or disciplinary reasons before the end of the camp.
- If the programme is cancelled by ZADOR, the full amount received will be refunded.
About Basketball Training
The basketball training begins on Monday at 9:30.
Once the players have been divided into age groups, the coaches define training groups in accordance with the basketball level they show during a basic training session and practice games.
In doing so, they ensure that the members of each group are of the same standard and that a high level of competition exists within their group.
Workout gear for 1 week
5 pairs of socks 2 pairs of basketball shoes (new shoes are not a good idea; you will get blisters and not be able to train)
1 sweatshirt or 1 tracksuit (just in case it gets colder, although this is rare in Alicante)
Ankle, knee and wrist supports or any other protective gear Protective tape for strapping body parts (i.e. fingers)
Creams or gels used to warm up muscles, if applicable
Small toiletries kit to bring to the basketball court
Daily Clothes: casual clothing
Shorts, trousers, T‐Shirts
1 fleece jacket or sweater
Plenty of socks and underwear
Pyjamas / sleepwear
2‐3 swimmsuits, swim cap, sun hat
Shoes or sandals plus flip‐flops for the shower, swimming pool and beach
Sunglasses and sun protection appropriate for skin type with high protection factor (30 ‐ 50 factor)
Towels for the swimming pool and beach (3 medium‐size towels). It is compulsory to bring at least one towel because the ones in the rooms cannot be taken out of the apartment. For missing towels in the apartment there is €25 fee
* Electricity supply in Spain is AC 220 Volts, 50 Hertz. Sockets meet European regulations and use the round pin system. Bring adaptors and make sure that the electrical appliances you are going to use (computer, mobile phone charger, shavers, fun…) work at this voltage.
* Put your child's name or initials on everything —clothes, hat, swim suit, towels— with either a laundry marker or iron- or sew-on labels.
* Laundry bag for wet or dirty clothing with your child's name
Passport (original and 2 copies) plus 2 passport photos
Medication, if needed, in its original container, along with the explicit dosage.
A signed medical release form should accompany all prescription medication (in English or Spanish). Please be sure to bring a medical certificate to camp and hand it in along with the photograph upon arrival.
First aid kit with plasters/band‐aids, ibuprofen, paracetamol or other medicines that may be necessary.
Health Statement & Medical Waiver
* If the camper wears glasses or contacts, bring 2 pairs of glasses and sufficient contact lens cleaner.
For the Spanish lessons
Pocket dictionary & notebook, pens/pencils, etc.
Hairdryer (available at the apartments but not at the basketball facilities)
Backpack for the training sessions and off‐campus activities and excursions.
Camera and batteries
Mobile phone (and charger) /calling card
Laundry bag for wet or dirty clothing labeled with the name
Zador cannot be responsible for valuables brought to camp. We strongly discourage bringing any valuables. Although the world does not stop if you are without a computer for a few days, there is a computer room available with free Internet access that can be used during free time.
It could be a good idea to print the Basketball Camp packing list and check it because we may have forgotten to include something that your child considers important.
About Language lessons
For both English or Spanish lessons, on the first day of the course, students take a written test and oral interview with the teacher responsible for level placement. The test and level allocation process lasts for a total of 1.5 hours.
Once students have been allocated their language level, they are separated into class groups and provided with course books/materials.
Language lessons are available from Beginner to Advanced levels. Lessons are in small groups with a maximum of 7 students per classroom to ensure that students receive personalised teaching.
From Monday to Friday participants have full-board meals consisting of daily buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. At the weekend players have breakfast and an evening meal at the hotel and are provided with a packed lunch to take on excursions.
Food is healthy with quality, variety and taking into account that you are playing hard. You will have three main meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 1 snack (1 dietary supplement —juice, fruit, yougurth, snacks or sandwiches) during training sessions.
Sportsman’s breakfast: fruit, cereal, yogurt, milk, ham or cheese, bread roll
Lunch: self-service with starter (salads), first course (pasta, rice, soups), main course (fish or meet) and dessert (fruit, ice-creams, cakes)
Evening meal: self-service with starter, main course and dessert.
The residence has a laundry room with coin-operated washing machines and dryers (approx. €1.5-€2 per load) and players can do laundry in their free time.
Yes, this is possible because the tennis, sailing, windsurfing and golf camps start earlier and therefore there will already be accompanying adults with participants. Before the camp it is possible to be lodged at the hotel, however after the basketball camp it is only possible to be in a host family.
Additional accommodation is available at an extra cost, and the basketball camper may have to change his/her room at the hotel or to move from the hotel to a host family for extra days after the camp.
The extra cost depends not only on the accommodation price but also on the activities scheduled for the extra days, as participants cannot be alone in the hotel.
- Yes. Campers must participate in all scheduled on-campus and off-campus activities, for which there are always adult supervisors.
- Campers cannot leave the camp premises alone. Only campers can go out alone without staff with prior parental permission.
All entrance tickets for activities are included in the price.